Monday, March 28, 2011

"Osvaldo's Guitar" comes out April 15!

Two New Publications
My new short story "Osvaldo's Guitar" launches in print on Friday, April 15, in the Hart House Review! Plus, it will soon be online. Stay tuned for more details on this and "Aria di Gelato," coming this summer in The Nashwaak Review!

Death Match
Also, in case you missed it, congratulations to my new friend David Griffin Brown, who beat out my first-round opponent Colin Brush for a cool $300 in the final of the 2011 Broken Pencil Death Match - a prize he's using on a rain water catchment project in Buena Esperanza, in Panama. Go here for more details. And, you can still read my story, "The Expiry Dates," by just clicking here.

Book Reviews on Facebook
Calling all readers! My quarterly book reviews are moving from my personal Facebook page to my fan page, join to keep up with my reading and writing! What? I have fans? Cool!

2011: Year of the Short Story!
I've recently started work on a novel, because as great as short stories are, and though they're my preferred form, there's a myth out there that collections don't sell. Often, even if all the stories have run in magazines, a publisher won't take on a collection from an author who hasn't made a name with a novel.

Some Canadian writers have thrown themselves into debunking this myth, and proving me a sucker. I've got their backs, and their manifesto is here. Once you've read it, go buy Cathedral by Raymond Carver, or Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro, or The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien, or...

Thanks again for stopping by Daniel Perry Fiction, and for supporting my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment